Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Stability since the beginning
For generations, Christoph Dürr GmbH has been involved in efficient recycling and waste management, offering sustainable solutions for various industries. Since the founding of a soap factory in 1825, the company has been in family hands and is now run jointly by two women from the third and fourth generation of the family.
The family business is proud of its years of experience and is regarded throughout Europe as an expert and reliable partner.
The Christoph Dürr company was founded in 1825 by Mr. Hoh and taken over in 1894 by Christoph Dürr. At that time, the company was still active as a soap manufacturer.
1939: Karlheinz Dürr, grandson of the company founder, joined the company. But production ceased during the war years and for some time after that. Karlheinz Dürr worked in the meantime in a company dealing with solvent processing.
1968: Karlheinz Dürr moved to Leinfelden with his family. He acquired the Dr. Ing. Hans Janßen company there, which operated as a distillery. However, since the company premises in Leinfelden were not suitable, Karlheinz Dürr searched for his own property for many years.
1975: Karlheinz Dürr was able to acquire the premises of a painting factory in Lauda-Königshofen.
1978: The sole proprietorship Christoph Dürr was converted into a limited liability company and entered in the commercial register.
1987: Christian Dürr, great-grandson of the founder, took over the company. He led the family business together with his wife Marion Dürr until his death.
1998: Christoph Dürr GmbH received its first PÜG certification as a disposal specialist. The company has been authorized to call itself a waste-management specialist for almost 20 years now.
2002: The major relocation of the administration took place. A former warehouse was renovated and modernized. The administration and the company’s laboratory are located there now.
2007: The transhipment facility received a roof. Now loading and unloading of tank and general cargo vehicles takes place in a dry location.
2007: Christoph Dürr GmbH visited the DFTA ProFlex trade fair in Stuttgart for the first time with its own booth.
2008: Christoph Dürr GmbH celebrated its 33rd anniversary at the Lauda-Königshofen location. Former employees were invited and some honored for their longtime affiliation with the family business.
2009: The administration building was renovated extensively.
2009: Christoph Dürr GmbH was commissioned by authorities to clear an operations facility containing hazardous substances. It was a challenge for the small business – but it mastered it with flying colors. The press and media reported on the success.
July 2011: CEO Christian Dürr passed away. His wife and business partner became the successor. Marion Dürr runs the company today together with her daughter Catherine Dürr.
2014: Major renovation of the extinguishing-water retention basin, sewer rehabilitation and courtyard asphalting took place. The new extinguishing-water retention basin is located in the outdoor area under the company parking lot.
This construction project was the first milestone in a major renovation plan.
2015: Christoph Dürr GmbH celebrated its 40th anniversary in Lauda-Königshofen.